Anyone can learn how to make a bow and arrow, but to make them last, you must use the right stuff. Here is what you will need.
Required Tools and Materials
Piece of nylon string
5 to 6 straight willow branches, 3 feet
6-foot, 1 inch diameter green stick (hemlock, ash, elm or willow will do)
How to Create the Bow
Make a shallow notch on the stick circumference an inch thick from one of the stick’s ends. Repeat on the other end.
Slice a nylon string 8 inches shorter than the bow. Fasten one of the string ends to the bow end. Set it in the groove.
Create a slipknot at the nylon cord’s loose end. Put the bow end with the string against the floor. Carefully bend the bow to the point the slipknot fits the groove at the bow’s other end. Secure the slipknot.
Determine the bowstring fit by grasping the bow in the center. Pull it back gently. The bow should bend, not break and the string has to be tight. When you study how to make a bow and arrow, the testing part must not be ignored.
Put duct tape in the center of the bow. This will serve as the handle. Put more tape at the handle top so it is thicker. The extra tape also makes the bow easier to hold.
How to Make the Arrows
Get six sticks all about half an inch in diameter and 3 ft long. Willow or hollow reed is recommended. Dry or green will do.
Whittle one of the stick’s end to a point. Char the end point if it’s a green stick; this will stiffen it.
Make a 1/4 inch notch at the stick opposite the pointed end. Put a feather at the back if you want. Slice a feather in the center. Connect each half to the opposite sides of the stick. Apply them on the notched part. Glue them in place. You should use a lot of glue to keep the everything together.
Repeat these steps for any other arrows you will be using.
Once you have made the bow and arrows, it is time to use them.
If you have never used a bow before, it will take time to get used to it. Be patient. Make sure that there is no one near you. Do not aim at animals or people. A lot of times it
- loserdan likes this
- mylifeinpoorlytakenphotographs reblogged this from diytalk
- ianthiiine reblogged this from diytalk
- madibatch reblogged this from diytalk
- madibatch likes this
- happysymphony likes this
- see-creatures likes this
- siriusly-jkr-siriusly likes this
- piratequeen2 reblogged this from diytalk
- speedofmymind likes this
- dalderbash likes this
- adventure-to-an-escape likes this
- myperksarepro likes this
- the-orchestra-plays-on reblogged this from diytalk
- livilooboo reblogged this from diytalk
- vigniti-tres likes this
- wholelotof-rosy likes this
- noche-anhelo reblogged this from diytalk
- kainmaria likes this
- noche-anhelo likes this
- lettherainnfalldownn likes this
- themightythornicus likes this
- andsoileftthatplace likes this
- web-of-hope reblogged this from diytalk and added:
- web-of-hope likes this
- forseeingthebittersweetending likes this
- neilgorawr likes this
- cosalev reblogged this from diytalk
- ur-sempai likes this
- coreyt03 reblogged this from diytalk
- epicraptorx likes this
- madelinedavis reblogged this from diytalk
- kaffeemaennchen likes this
- ohitwillfollowtherain likes this
- fearlessnessisoursecretweapon likes this
- alittlebitofmonicaaa likes this
- leftrightchu likes this
- saphirablu reblogged this from diytalk
- zephireportraits likes this
- deenwithit reblogged this from diytalk and added:
- booknerd89 likes this
- indefinitek likes this
- wanderinggay likes this
- tcn-old-url reblogged this from diytalk
- skinny-man reblogged this from diytalk
- skinny-man likes this
- sincerelyme-fuckoff likes this
- nymphiaqueen likes this
- desperationcalling likes this
- cat-person likes this